We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

Which Arras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

Are there bus or rail sevices to Le Quesnoy and Arleux-en Gohelle (site of Orchard Dump Cemetery) ?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

I have no idea how to get to the specific sites you want to visit but you can use the website www.capitainetrain.com to check train schedules and prices from Arras to Le Quesnoy. To get from Arras to Arleux-en-Gohelle you'd have to take a train from Arras to Farbus and then I don't know how you get to Alreuxen-Gohelle, which is about 4km from the train station.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

Also, you can look at these sites for info about organized tours of the WWI sites in that region:

http://www.somme-battlefields.com/

http://www.explorearras.com/

3. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2016, 22:42
Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

Or if you can walk the 4km you can go back to the train station in Farbus.

5. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2016, 22:43
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

I have only been to Le Quesnoy from Lille, but from Arras it should be possible to get there from Arras with changes at Douai and Valenciennes. Once there, walk into the middle of town which is surrounded by a more or less complete set of Vauban fortifications. Th memorial to New Zealand troops who liberated the town is more or less on the opposite side of the fortifications from the ntrance to the statio. I suspect that Kiwis are warmly welcomed at the Tourist Office.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

Good question Diz. I just asked my wife this question about buses in rural locations and if they'll drop you off on command and she says sometimes the bus driver in a very rural location will make a stop on command but I think you'd have to check with each bus driver before boarding a bus. I imagine flagging down a bus would fall into a similar category of finding out ahead of time.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 15:49
Wellington, New...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery

Thanks very much for the info----a great help

Wellington, New...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Arras to Le Quesnoy and to Orchard Dump Cemetery