We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

Which Boulogne-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

Bonjour, I'm trying to find information about taking the train from CDG airport to B-S-M. I'm finding it very frustrating online. I have discovered that there actually is a train station at CDG airport. I have discovered that there is a TGV leaving from Gare du Nord to B-S-M. But is there actually a stop at CDG airport on this train? I'd rather not fly to Paris, and go to Gare du Nord to get to B-S-M. Is that really my only option? Merci bien for any help you can give me.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,229 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

There are no trains from CDG direct to Boulogne. You would do best to take a train from CDG to Lille Europe station and change there for a train to Boulogne.

For the best prices, book direct with the train operator as far ahead as possible. Tickets go on sale 3 months before travel, and the cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. Discounted ticket prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer.

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at en.voyages-sncf.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid the possibility of being transferred to RailEurope USA, which has higher prices and does not list all the trains. For notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

Edited: 17 July 2013, 13:12
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

Thank you so much for your quick response! I've been searching some more, and I did find the following on TGV.com, which is suggesting to me that I *can* get the train from CDG but does this mean I have to switch trains, or am I staying on the same train?....please look at the schedule I found, am I interpreting it correctly?

09h16 AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TGA 005255 Durée: 03h36

09h44 > 09h54 TGV HAUTE PICARDIE CAR 048020

10h39 > 11h21 AMIENS CIC 002009

12h52 BOULOGNE-VILLE

and

15h50 AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TGD 005277 Durée: 03h03

16h39 > 17h54 LILLE EUROPE TGN 007265

18h53 BOULOGNE-VILLE

Edited: 17 July 2013, 13:17
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

I don't mind about switching trains, by the way, I just wanted to avoid going to Gare du Nord.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

Okay, basically having a conversation with myself as I am slowly figuring out all this information, :-D

Thanks again for your links and suggestions, they have been very helpful, and you don't need to respond to my question above.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

The rail station at CDG is on a line that bypasses Paris. So from the airport you would be catching a train that started at the other end of the country and is continuing on to Lille, or possiby Brussels. The first of the options involve 2 trains, with a bus journey in the middle, the second simply 2 trains. Quite frankly which you chose depends upon when you are due to arrive, allwin time to get through the airport formalities.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

Thanks railtraveller65, that's very helpful!

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

Why do you absolutely want to avoid Gare du Nord?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

Because it doesn't make any sense to arrive at CDG, then go to GDN to catch a train, if the train actually stops at CDG.

9. Re: Train from CDG airport to Boulogne-sur-Mer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Boulogne-sur-Mer