We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Les Terrasses Poulard, La Mere Poulard Hotels, Help please!

Sydney
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Les Terrasses Poulard, La Mere Poulard Hotels, Help please!

Hi,

Is Les Terrasses Poulard connected, or close to, La Mere Poulard? Is Les Terrasses Poulard close to La Mere Poulard restaurant?

I was hoping to stay at La Mere Poulard in October on a visit to Mont St Michel, after reading good reviews. However they were full so they directed me to Les Terrasses Poulard, which has very mixed reviews.

We are after good location most of all, so if someone could tell me how these hotels are connected, that would be great!! I have researched every website in sight, but can't work it out!

Thank you!!

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Les Terrasses Poulard, La Mere Poulard Hotels, Help please!

mere poulard and terrasses poulard is the same mother cie, the difference is the placement in the rock village and price! actually i do not think terrasses poulmard is a hotel just a restaurant. Mere poulard is quite good hotel but too much expensive particularly dinners it cost a fortune like can be 80 euros per pers for a basic menu (i include good drinks in that price, but i guess there you will not drink just a coke and water...) anyway you have got some other adresses (not so much that s true) which can be good on, the rock like croix blanche or vieille auberge. about location mere poulard is just the first building on you left nearby the gateway, terrasses poulard is to the top of the mainstreet.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,887 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Les Terrasses Poulard, La Mere Poulard Hotels, Help please!

We stayed at Les Terrasses Poulard, so I know it is indeed a hotel, and we were very satisfied with the size, cleanliness and amenities of our room.

I certainly do not understand their connection but the two hotels do have a connection of some sort (not physically, but economically or same family or something).

My understanding as well is that they do not have just one building. Each of them are able to procure rooms from several buildings- which may be why some rooms are better than others.

As far as the restaurant. The restaurant for the Mere Poulard is near the beginning of the street. The restaurant for Les Terrasses Poulard was up the street and not in the same building as the reception or our room (which also were different buildings).

If that sounds confusing I'm sorry. But I think the important thing to understand about staying on the mont itself is that it is very small. Nothing is very far away from anything else. You will be climbing steps no matter what you decide to do and if I had to do it again I would stay in whatever accommodations on the mont were available because the experience was priceless.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
377 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Les Terrasses Poulard, La Mere Poulard Hotels, Help please!

I also have a reservation for the Terrasses Poulard for May next year. I think they are both owned by the same owners. The reviews are not so good for the Terrasses Poulard, but I am staying there and hoping it will be a good experience. I am glad to hear from the previous post that they did enjoy their stay.

4. Re: Les Terrasses Poulard, La Mere Poulard Hotels, Help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 23:17