We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Return in MSM?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
587 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Return in MSM?

I will be renting a car in Le Havre, and a few days later I will be spending the evening in MSM. I'd like to return the car there, and train back to Paris.

Does anyone know if there are car rental locations in MSM? If not, suggestions on the closest location where I can then catch a train to Paris?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,983 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Return in MSM?

I don't think you will find car rental offices in MSM. It gets millions of visitors, but it is a small village. And there is no train station there.

Try St Malo or Avranches.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,887 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Return in MSM?

The best train back to Paris would be in Rennes. I'm sure there are car rental offices there.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
587 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Return in MSM?

Thanks, I was told that the only car rental company in Le Havre is Avis, which is fine. I can then drive the one hour from MSM to Rennes to return it.

Thanks everyone, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I move along in my planning.

Have a great day

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Return in MSM?

Sixt rental cars, which we recently used and liked, has an office at the Le Havre airport. You might also check out autoeurope.com, which is a consolidator that deals with different rental agencies.

You can probably return a car at Bayeux or Caen, as well as at Rennes. The advantage to Rennes is that you can take the TGV back to Paris instead of a slower train.

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Return in MSM?

I can't help you with rental cars at MSM, but wanted to suggest that if you can try to be there in the evening light. MSM is gorgeous when the lights come on along with the lovely evening colors and water. It is one of my favorite memories of France.

Enjoy.

6. Re: Car Rental Return in MSM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 12:19