We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private guide from Bayeux to Mont St Michel

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Private guide from Bayeux to Mont St Michel

I am a nervous non-driving single mom with 2 kids, ages 13 and 17 traveling to London, Normandy and Paris for 10 days. We will have 2 full days in Normandy, arriving late afternoon on Sunday, Aug. 23 by train.

On Monday we plan to take a one-day Battle Bus tour of the D-Day beaches and on Tuesday I would like to know if anyone can help me with itinerary:

I would like to hire a private guide to drive us very early in the morning (from Hotel D'Argouges) to Mont St Michel and it would be extra special if the guide can explain the restoration project that I read about a few months back to restore MSM to its original state, as well as explain the history. The guide/driver does not have to take us through the town, just drop us off and wait 2 hours and drive us back.

I know there is a tour from the Churchill Hotel from 9-3, but I would prefer a someone to drive us from 7 AM and return us back to Bayeux (around 1 PM?) in time for us to see the Tapestry and a little of the town of Bayeux and relax before we leave that evening. I read that 2 hours in MSM would be fine. Does anyone know when the shops open in MSM?

We plan to take a 6:40 PM train to Paris on Tuesday, so that we can enjoy 4 full days in Paris before we head back to New York.

Any help/suggestions/criticism of this plan will be appreciated. I cannot spend more days, though, in Bayeux, as there is also much to see in Paris.

Thanks to all for all the other great posts on this area!!

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private guide from Bayeux to Mont St Michel

www.normandywebguide.com is a good place to start looking - they do private tours but I think if you want to go that early in the morning with a private guide who will be driving you it is going to cost A LOT of money

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private guide from Bayeux to Mont St Michel

A private driver guide for the day is in the region of 400 euro. A half day 320.

A taxi would be around 270 plus waiting time. But then a taxi driver isn't obliged to speak english or know anything.

Taking the Churchill Shuttle and getting back for 3 leaves you time to see the tapestry and stroll around town a bit.

If you are interested in a driver guide I can give you a list of e mails of guides that might be available on that day.

ontario
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private guide from Bayeux to Mont St Michel

if you look for something easy including dday and mt st michel tours not so much choice if you want keeping a reasonnable rate, try westcapades.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private guide from Bayeux to Mont St Michel

Hello again. I am running into some bad luck. I was just informed that there are only 2 minibuses of Battlebus tours for the one day American Highlights Tour and they are both full for the days we are there, Aug 24 and 25.

Can anyone recommend a tour company or guide for a one-day D-Day beach tour for myself and my teenage kids, ages 12 and 17? thank you.

5. Re: Private guide from Bayeux to Mont St Michel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 05:17