We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotels or b&bs are actually on the island?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
902 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotels or b&bs are actually on the island?

We want to stay on the island. I have only found 2 hotels so far; Le Mouton Blanc and The White Sheep. Unfortunately, I cannot find a website or information on The White Sheep. Does anyone know how to contact them? Anyone know of any other hotels that I can contact? Thanks.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotels or b&bs are actually on the island?

For your second question the night visits are on in the summer - July - August. The last entry is 23h and closure at 24h. It's an interesting way to visit the abbey. No guides just light and sound, so you need to visit it during the day to get the history.

For hotels :

You can't find any mention of the White sheep because it's the Mouton blanc.

Hotel on the "island"

La Vieille Auberge

Auberge Saint Pierre

Hotel de la Croix Blanche

Hôtel de la Mère Poulard

Hôtel Duguesclin

Hôtel Restaurant des Terrasses Poulard

You'll notice two have mere poulard in the name. Others are also in the same dynasty as are many shops.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
902 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotels or b&bs are actually on the island?

Hi Cpmac,

Thanks so much for the information. We have decided not to spend the night at Mont St. Michel. Instead we are going to add that night to Bayeux and drive to MSM for an evening, stopping for dinner on the way back.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotels or b&bs are actually on the island?

If you're planning on doing the night visit you need to visit with the guided visit or you'll miss out on the essential.

I'd suggest getting to the mount around 5 pm, folowing a two legged guided visit, have dinner on the mount then the illuminated visit before returning.

This assumes that you are going in July - august.

4. Re: Which hotels or b&bs are actually on the island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 05:22