We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bordeaux to La Rochelle to mont st Michele

Mumbai...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Bordeaux to La Rochelle to mont st Michele

My husband and I are planning a trip end August to France and wanted some advice on how to travel from Bordeaux to La Rochelle and onwards to mont st Michele. Should we take trains? Or are there interesting places to see enroute? We have 4 days for this leg of our journey.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
La Rochelle
La Rochelle
Charente-Maritime, France
Essex
Level Contributor
30,428 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bordeaux to La Rochelle to mont st Michele

I dare say there are trains, but I would go by car...

I would drive up through the Vineyards of the Medoc to Le Verdun, then take the ferry across the mouth of the Gironde to Royan.

From there an easy drive to La Rochelle, then cross country to Le MSM.

Loads of interesting places to visit or stay along the way, what sort of thing interests you??

Mentioned in this post
Gironde
Gironde
Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Royan
Royan
La Rochelle
La Rochelle
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bordeaux to La Rochelle to mont st Michele

The train from Borbeaux to La Rochelle is straight forward. There are several direct trains each day. These continue on to Nantes from where you can catch a train to Rennes. There are a couple of trains each day from Rennes to Caen which stop at Pontorson which is the nearest station to Mont St Michel. Alternatively there are buses from Rennes station to Mont St Michel. Another option is to get a train from Rennes to St Malo where there are both buses and tourist buses to Mont St Michel. You can find train times on www.voyages-sncf.com

Mentioned in this post
La Rochelle
La Rochelle
Nantes
Nantes
Loire-Atlantique, France
Rennes
Rennes
Ille-et-Vilaine, France
Caen
Caen
Calvados, France
Saint-Malo
Saint-Malo
Ille-et-Vilaine, France
3. Re: Bordeaux to La Rochelle to mont st Michele

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 06:17