We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mont St Michel

Which Mont-Saint-Michel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bel Air, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Mont St Michel

We have TVG tickets to Rennes from Paris, can we book a bus reservation to MSM in Paris?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mont St Michel

I don't know if it's possible to reserve/buy a ticket in advance but I don't think this is necessary. The buses for MSM are generally timed with trains coming from Paris to Rennes and you can buy your ticket on the bus. Others who have actually taken the bus may have more info to provide but you can find info about the buses on the official MSM website or the bus website:

keolis-emeraude.com/en/mont-st-michel/trip-b…

www.ot-montsaintmichel.com/index.htm?lang=en

http://www.bienvenueaumontsaintmichel.com/

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mont St Michel

WIll be in the Bayeux area 2 full days and at least 1/2 of another day prior to taking train back to Paris. Our first day is booked for a D-Day tour. The next day would you recommend visiting Rouen & the sites in Bayeux or there is a 3 pm to 9 pm trip to Mont St Michel that is available? We could see Bayeux sites, lunch and do the trip to the abbey. Is Mont St Michel a must see?

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,179 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mont St Michel

It would be a good idea to start your own thread with these questions, as they really are outside the context of the OP's question. You'll get more replies if you do so.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mont St Michel

IMO opinion the only must see sites are those that you think you must see. Certainly MSM is an amazing site and worth a visit but only you can decide if it is a must see from among so many other amazing places you could visit. As far as what else you could see it all depends if you have a rental car or if you are relying on public transport. If you have two days in Bayeux and one is booked for a D-Day tour and you won't have a car then Rouen is not practical to reach by public transport. As a matter of fact, if you don't have a car and you still have a day and a half after your D-Day tour i would strongly urge you to get a rental car as you'll find it difficult to visit most of the worthy sites in that area by public transport.

Edited to say I agree with the above advice that you'll get more responses if you start your own thread.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 18:55
El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mont St Michel

Thank you for your reply. Your reply will be helpful for planning our trip to France.

You recommended starting my own thread. I am a newbie to posting on TripAdvisor. I did a generic inquiry asking how to start a thread. I am open to any direction you can give me. Donna R

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mont St Michel

Click on the button "Ask a question", towards the bottom of each page.

Edited: 04 February 2014, 04:10
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mont St Michel

Or at the top of a page.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,179 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mont St Michel

You need to scroll way down until you see a gold box with "Ask a question" in it. It's below the green "Search" box, and really not that easy to find.

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mont St Michel

Bonjour, Petula,

You may purchase the bus ticket from ticket agent at the bus station or from the driver.

To determine how to exit the train station, open the following link. Click "Timetables and Prices." On the drop-down menu, select "Practical Information."

www.destination-montsaintmichel.com/?lang=en

You'll see a heading about making the connection from the TGV to the coach. I believe that it would be useful if you printed the directions.

Bonne chance,

MrsJAS

10. Re: Mont St Michel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:19