We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from paris

1 post
Save Topic
day trip from paris

i did some research and found out that there's a shuttle that takes you from pontorson railway to MSM ("a midi-bus")... and then from there there's another shuttle (the passeur) that takes you from the mainland to the mount

is this correct? o.o also i'm trying to book a TGV ticket from paris to pontorson but it takes me to railwayeurope which is only for US... and i would like to pay in euros

le mont st michel
Level Contributor
38 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from paris

If you are doing this trip in a day, you would be best to use the connecting train /bus service (via Rennes). Basically you take the TGV to Rennes, then connecting bus right to the entrance to MSM. You then cross the causeway on the free "passeur" - shuttle bus. This way you can get to MSM by lunchtime, do your visit, then return to Paris later. You can see the details at www.destination-montsaintmichel.com. Trains from Paris to Pontorson arrive 16.13 (not TGV) - too late to do a proper visit and return to Paris. For tickets try www.voyages-sncf.com.

Hope this helps.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip from paris

Forget about Pontorson. Take the TGV to Rennes and get the shuttle bus that is there to meet the trains.

If you can't use the SNCF website in French, use www.capitainetrain.com to book your tickets. It has exactly the same schedules and prices as SNCF and won't shunt you to RailEurope. The cheapest train tickets will become available 3 months out from your date of travel, and continue to rise in price thereafter.

3. Re: day trip from paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:17