We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Cerizay to Le Havre

Bromborough, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Cerizay to Le Havre

Hi

Our ferry company has brought forward our return ferry from 6.30pm to 2.30pm at Le havre. We are in Cerizay which is about 200 mikes away. Could anyone tell me if the roads will make the journey fairly easy to travel that distance in about 4-5 Hours on a Saturday?

thank you

Alison

2 replies to this topic
Le Mans, France
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Cerizay to Le Havre

Hi Fiohna: The good news is that it should be possible to do the journey in 4-5 hours but the bad news is that that would involve about 90% of the journey being on autoroutes - Cholet-Angers-Le Mans-Le Havre resulting in toll charges of almost 40€. Try viamichelin.com to give you different estimated journey times using different routes but I should say that the journey times quoted there seem to be optimistic and assume no rest stops and an average speed at the maximum permitted! 4 hours for this trip would be pushing it. 5 hours should be ok but to err on safety, I might allow 6 hours.

Bromborough, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Cerizay to Le Havre

Hi thanks for the advice - we agree it will be longer than the quoted times and too stressful. I've contcted the ferry company and they have given us a 5pm one now! Why they didn't offer us that before I don't know - our original booking was for 6.30pm!

Reply to: Travelling from Cerizay to Le Havre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cholet