We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsites in Vendee

sussex
5 posts
Save Topic
Campsites in Vendee

Thinking of going to either La Garangeoire or Camping Le Littoral next August with 16 year and 12 year old girls. Has anyone stayed there? Any views wiuld be great! Thinking of using Tesco Vouchers and going with Camping Life. Anyone been with them before?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
La Garangeoire
La Garangeoire
350 Reviews
Saint-Julien-des-Landes, France
Camping La Foret
Camping La Foret
#1 of 45 Speciality lodging in Saint-Jean-de-Monts
Le Pas Opton
Le Pas Opton
#1 of 12 Speciality lodging in Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie
Camping La Bretonniere
Camping La Bretonniere
#1 of 3 Speciality lodging in Saint-Julien-des-Landes
lisburn
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsites in Vendee

I too am tring to decide between la garangeoire and littoral? please help, I have 13 and 17 yr old

sussex
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsites in Vendee

Hi!

Decided on Le Littoral in the end as could only do a saturday to saturday changeover at La Garangeoire and we wanted 10 days. Le Littoral's own website looks good. hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
La Garangeoire
La Garangeoire
350 Reviews
lisburn
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsites in Vendee

We've decided on La Garangeoire. Hope its Ok. Ive been told Theres no Camping life courier there, so we have to organise bed linen hire directly and pay 150 euro deposit for any damages, so thats a bit of a pain.

Let me know how you get on

debs

Mentioned in this post
La Garangeoire
La Garangeoire
350 Reviews
London
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campsites in Vendee

We're also thinking of going to Le Littoral next August. Have you had any other information about the place ?

sussex
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Campsites in Vendee

Hello. I have no more information but I have looed at Le Littoral's own website. It is a Yelloh! park and the website has lots of info.

Hope this is helpful.

Let me know if you find out anything else.

Tanks.

somerset
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Campsites in Vendee

hi all, we are also interested in camping le littoral for next August, has anyone been there who can give any advice or useful comments? many thanks x

sussex
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Campsites in Vendee

had great time at Le Littoral in August. Placements a little close together but a friendly site. Faciliities good. Restaurant little limited if you don't like seafood. Les Sables D'Olonnes is a lovely town. The beach at Veillon, a short drive away, is a beautiful sandy beach.

somerset
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Campsites in Vendee

thanks so much for responding, really appreciate it! reassuring to know it sounds good, regards x

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Campsites in Vendee

hi there...just saw the post. We were there end July/ early August...our first camping holiday. Kids (3 - 13, 11, 4) really enjoyed themselves but like the previous post we found the caravans a bit too close together although not a huge problem. Facilities were ok for a few days but then we found ourselves venturing out...beach at Veillon was really great with a nice restaurant on the beach. Found a great restaurant just up the road from the campsite...Cayola I think was the name...celebrated one of the kid's birthday's there...fantastic. A lunchtime experience I won't forget in a hurry. Didn't like le sable d'olonnes as a resort...really really busy...couldn't see an inch of sand free. Good cycling around the area...nice port near by...port bourgenay (might not be the right spelling) with good restaurants.

somerset
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Campsites in Vendee

thanks for taking the time to tell us what it's like, much appreciated!! the restaurant sounds perfect for us, and our three kids are the same ages. We're hoping the sports facilities will keep the 4 sportsmad boys in our two families happy! and the pool looks good. thanks again x

Get answers to your questions about Saint-Jean-de-Monts
Recent Conversations