We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what are the beaches and town like

Which Saint-Jean-de-Monts hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what are the beaches and town like

Hi were travelling down at the end of july with our 2 children who are 2 and 1 and want to know what the beaches are like please, ie are they clean and safe for young children. I have never been to france before on holiday and have always done spain, greece etc. Has the town got a promenade and is it similar to holiday places like spain, thanks

Castlebar, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what are the beaches and town like

Beaches are excellent but Noirmoutier ones are more intimate.

'Mickey Mouse' activities are on the beach for kids of all ages.

Promenade yes but no Irish/English 'karaoke machine' bars

France V Spain.

France is not a holiday but a way of life, from cycling for the baguette to the local boulangerie in the morning to sipping the local Vin as you sit outside your mobile at night , It is all about relazing and bring French for a week or too

Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what are the beaches and town like

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to our holiday and exploring france and just relaxing

mj6
manchester england
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what are the beaches and town like

i agree with heaneman france is a way of life not a holiday

the majority of holidays my kids went on when they were younger was to france mainly brittany and they always had a great time

you will enjoy st jean de monts

the good thing about france you always come relaxed

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what are the beaches and town like

I don't know if you've already seen them but there are over 300 photos of St Jean de Monts posted on this forum.

Towards the top left hand side of this page you'll see 'More on St Jean de Monts' and slightly below that 'Photos'

A slideshow of 312 photos should give you some idea of what to expect.

Enjoy your holiday.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what are the beaches and town like

St Jean de Monts is the tackiest, more touristy place on the Vendee coast and I would avoid it like the plague. Head out towards Noirmoutier, or further south along the coast towards Sion and Bretignolles where you will find a much more relaxed place with a lot less 'brits on tour'!

Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what are the beaches and town like

We came back from st jean de monts a couple of weeks ago and loved it. There is plenty to do and if you want to relax then there is places to do that as well. The town itself is lovely and clean and there is miles of sandy beach so if you want to find a quiet spot then I'm sure you would find one. The weather was fantastic while we were there and would definitely recommend this place to people, were definitely going back next year

Essex
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what are the beaches and town like

As July has been over this past 8 days then guess that the OP has been and gone folks, but for the future, this might help some....

http://www.en.saint-jean-de-monts.com/

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what are the beaches and town like

MacGB - St Jean de Monts is the tackiest, more touristy place on the Vendee coast.

MacGB - did you stay in St-Jean-de-Monts or did you just do a short visit?

Other than one street that could be thought 'tacky' and 'touristy' I found it to be a very good place to relax and enjoy the pleasures of a French seaside resort.

Did you wander through the miles of pine forests, walk along the clean beaches, the long promanade or sit and enjoy a drink and people watch?

I have - and St-Jean is well worth a visit just to take in those simple pleasures.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what are the beaches and town like

I have a house in St Maixent Sur Vie and spend several weeks a year in the Vendee so I know the area very well. There are hundreds of places where one can sit and take the French lifestyle in and St Jean de Monts is one of the last in which I would do so.

But hey, it's only my opinion so take it as you wish!

10. Re: what are the beaches and town like

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Jean-de-Monts
Recent Conversations