We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European breakdown cover

Which Saint-Jean-de-Monts hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ESSEX
6 posts
Save Topic
European breakdown cover

Does anyone know of an organisation that covers a dog repatriation if your car has to be taken back to England i.e. RAC

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European breakdown cover

Do you need a breakdown organisation at this moment or is this a hypothetical question?

If you have a problem abroad then the black and white answer is that you would have to find a way of getting the dog back home yourself somehow – BUT (there's always a 'but'!) as far as the insurers know there has never been a case of the dog being left behind and has always been brought back by the recovery service.

I've done a bit of ringing around and my local, and trusted, Insurance broker said that there should be no problem with bringing the dog back to the UK by a breakdown service.

But it may depend on how big or how many dogs you have and they may have to travel in the broken down vehicle if there's insufficient room in the breakdown vehicle.

ESSEX
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: European breakdown cover

Thanks for your reply have actually taken out cover with the RAC only to find out they only recover the car and arrange for the occupants travel but not the dog.

3. Re: European breakdown cover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2016, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Jean-de-Monts
Recent Conversations