We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz rental car return to Calais port

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
902 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz rental car return to Calais port

We plan on returning our rental car before catching the ferrry to Dover. When I try to enter our return in Calais, it gives me 2 choices; the east port ferry or the Eurotunnel. The website will not let me enter east port ferry. Where exactly is the Hertz office? Can we walk to the ferry after we return the car?

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
850 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hertz rental car return to Calais port

Although we always rent with Hertz, when we wanted to return a rental car at the Calais ferry port I used Avis instead. Despite many attempts, I couldn't figure out if Hertz had service at the ferry port or not. Avis worked fine, no problems.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hertz rental car return to Calais port

The east port ferry location hours are Mo-Sa 0900-1200 1400-1730, Su closed. If you're wanting to return the car outside those hours, that location selection won't be possible. For information on the other location select France as your country and English as your language, and on the next page select Locations on the left hand menu. Calais is all you need to insert in the form to get all the locations. Go to more location details and you can check a map and driving directions.

3. Re: Hertz rental car return to Calais port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 06:18