We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

Which Calais hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 01:12
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

Try ringing this number for advice - Directgov.uk 0906 110 0664 (calls £1.50 per min)

You're not the first to have the same problem and they should be able to give some help.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

Hi -

I have no advice to offer except -- if you feel the need to say, "I told you so", get it off your chest with us. I can assure you from experience that nothing like this will happen again. A cynic would say that he'd be too busy trying to find other minor tragedies to execute, and that may be true, but nothing like this will happen again.

I'm not familiar with UK IDs - isn't there some other National ID he can use to travel? After all, he won't be leaving the EC on this trip, will he?

3. Re: Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 November 2015, 22:09
Edited: 03 November 2015, 22:09
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

It is possible that the missing page may be more of a problem than anything else. Having just get a new passport, I read the information that came with it and it sounds quite fierce on the fact that the passport must be complete. I guess they quite often get washed.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

Please let us know what happened.

6. Re: Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 01:12
glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

hi, having worked in the travel agency for years - i wouldn't advise trying to travel on a damaged passport;

i know it is a hassle and expensive to get a new one - but the customs people and those in charge at boarding have every right to refuse travel to someone with a damaged piece of documentation

8. Re: Damaged passport on Dover to Calais ferry?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12 December 2010, 07:17