We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise for Calais beach

Dagenham
Level Contributor
276 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Advise for Calais beach

My husband and I are going as foot-passengers on Monday and would like to spend the day on the beach at Calais, can anyone tell as the best way to get to the beach ?

i have been told it's a lovely beach with lots of bars and restaurants, is that right?

looking forward to it cos it sure beats a day-trip to Southend.

Thanks very much

Gill

Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise for Calais beach

hi gill,

the beach ( le plage) is great, long sany beach, and yes there are lots of bars and restaurants at the calais town end.

we have enjoyed our spring break here for the last few years, but sadly not this year.staying at the golf hotel on the front.

theree is a bus that goes to the centre of calais from the ferry port.to the town centre...i think it goes to the train station - not the euro tunnel.

you should find out the tourist info at the port.but from the station it only is about 20 minutes walk...!!..but i am sure there is a bus...

we have always walked.

hope you enjoy yourself

dave

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,745 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advise for Calais beach

yes, there is a bus that goes from the ferry port to the train station/town centre but you can walk it :) Not really been to the beach though so I let someone else help with that. But a workmate who was telling me about it, how fab it is :)

Dagenham
Level Contributor
276 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advise for Calais beach

Thank you both for the information.

Gill

4. Re: Advise for Calais beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 06:31