We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip- which hotel to stay?

3 posts
Save Topic
Short trip- which hotel to stay?

Hi, my husband and I are planning to travel to Calais this Friday morning and stay till Saturday night. We will be taking the ferry. We would like to go shopping, visit the ww2 museum and the beach. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which hotel we should stay in?

Many thanks in advance

UK
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip- which hotel to stay?

Some friends of ours who like to stay near the beach as well as enjoy the shopping often stay here:

atlantic-delpierre.com/UK/atlantic-hotel.htm

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g196659-d2193…

Many hotels in the area will be fully booked as this is peak season and Friday night bookings are very popular with returning Brits. Would you be interested in staying away from the coast and if so how far would you be prepared to travel?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trip- which hotel to stay?

We like Hotel du Golf. Its on the seafront by the beach in Calais witb easy access. Its just a basic place but good enough for a couple of nights. As said before, it's peak season. But you should be ok. I'd google it & prebook though if I was you.

Edited: 09 August 2012, 17:48
3. Re: Short trip- which hotel to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 09:15