We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas markets

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas markets

We are travelling to Calais next weekend, can anyone recommend a Christmas market to visit within an hour of Calais? Many thanks

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas markets

Here is a link for you to begin with: thegoodlifefrance.com/top-10-christmas-marke… , there is quite a few around Calais this time of year. I can personally recommend Bruges in Belgiam and Bethune which I've visited the last 2 years. There is one in Lille too, which I've yet to visit, maybe next year. I was at Bethune last year, and it's a lovely town to walk around. The Christmas market isn't that big, but I still enjoyed it, plus I enjoyed the town itself.

I personally really like Christmas markets but I can't go over this year in December unfortunately.

Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas markets

hi nutwood,

i agree with tarry, at around a nice drive from calais is bethune.arras may well be a bit further for you.

have a look at the calais one too, not as good but still fun to mix with the locals..they also do a christmas area in place de armies in the centre..

like tarry, we will not be able to go this year.

dave

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas markets

I went to Cite Europe, St Omer and Boulogne old town in November (strangely the driest day trip we got this year) instead, but naturally missed out on the Christmas markets. If you get the chance to visit Cite Europe (Carrefour is a must if you do) they do it up nicely for Christmas :) I liked it anyway.

Edited: 03 December 2012, 19:05
4. Re: Christmas markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Calais
Recent Conversations