We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long-term parking in Calaid

Which Calais hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Long-term parking in Calaid

Hi, I'm hoping to bring my dog to France either by Eurotunnel or ferry, then leave my car parked in Calais for the duration of my holiday (3 - 4 weeks) continuing by train with the dog. It's not a fancy car but leaving it parked in the street would be a bit of a worry especially as I'd be stuck with the dog in Calais if anything happened to the car (foot passengers aren't allowed on the ferries with pets). Any advice/ideas? Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long-term parking in Calaid

Long-term parking in Calais

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long-term parking in Calaid

Don't know of any longterm parking for that long. Are you staying anywhere in Calais as you might be able to arrange something with a hotel etc.

I've never looked into this but are you allowed to take pets on Eurostar? This could be a more secure way if you can get the right prices

Edited: 29 July 2013, 18:42
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long-term parking in Calaid

Hi, thank you for your reply - no unfortunately pets aren't allowed on Eurostar as that would be the best solution. The only way is in a car by ferry or Eurotunnel. I was thinking of asking a hotel but wondered if anyone had tried this and knows of one with a large car park that might consider this.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long-term parking in Calaid

You could try the long-term car park at the port of Calais. This website has an English version but in the map look for 'parking longue duree' to locate it:

calais-port.fr/en/…

I've not used this so can't vouch for how safe it is. Although they do say that it is under regular surveillance, it's still at your own risk. At 64 euros for 3 weeks it seems a snip. There are no costs listed for 4 weeks, but you could contact them on their 'contacts' section and ask them for any specifics.

Best of luck.

PS: You'd obviously need to travel by ferry rather than Eurotunnel to get to this car park easily.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long-term parking in Calaid

Have a look here - www.calais-port.fr/en/…

Edited: 29 July 2013, 19:30
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long-term parking in Calaid

Many thanks - that looks like a promising solution.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long-term parking in Calaid

Many thanks

8. Re: Long-term parking in Calaid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:21