We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Calais

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Calais

Hello there,

My boyfriend and I are going on the ferry for a day trip to Calais next Saturday and I would love some suggestions of nearby towns to visit, a nice road for a drive, and most importantly, somewhere lovely for lunch.

Any advice gratefully received!

Mentioned in this post
Calais
Calais
Pas-de-Calais, France
Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Calais

I like Boulogne Sur Mer for a visit. I've eaten there a few times, but I'm pants at remembering what they are called, but there is plenty of choice. Visit here perhaps on the way to Boulogne: cote-dopale.co.uk/tourism/…cap-gris-nez. The old town is really nice, although I don't mind walking along the seafront, although judging by the weather of late, might be a bit bracing! That goes for the above suggestion too.

Another nice visit is Montreuil sur Mer http://www.cote-dopale.co.uk/towns/montreuil, but it depends where you want to go really. Recommend a walk around the Ramparts.

Just a couple of places of the top of my head.

Nothing wrong with Calais itself though, was there in December and enjoyed myself. Always visit Cite Europe at Coquelles.

Mentioned in this post
Boulogne-sur-Mer
Boulogne-sur-Mer
Pas-de-Calais, France
Calais
Calais
Pas-de-Calais, France
Cite Europe
Cite Europe
647 Reviews
Coquelles, France
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Calais

Wonderful thank you!

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Calais

No problem, hope the weather treats you well. :)

4. Re: Day trip to Calais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:22
Get answers to your questions about Calais
Recent Conversations