We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do people go to the beach at the end of September

Ottawa
Level Contributor
149 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
do people go to the beach at the end of September

Hi,

I am trying to plan a first trip to France for the last two weeks of September. We are considering renting a unit for the week in Cassis, it looks so lovely, but I'm not sure we will be able to swim in the ocean this time of year. Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do people go to the beach at the end of September

Unless the weather is in unusual mood you should be able to swim until mid-October in the sea off Cassis and the Cote d'Azur.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: do people go to the beach at the end of September

Possibly the best time of the year to swim in the Mediterranean. Beaches will be still busy but not crowded. I am not an all-weather swimmer but swim throughout October ,when the sea is always warmer than May. This is in Antibes along the coast and north of Cassis.

Ed

Edited: 30 July 2012, 19:54
Ottawa
Level Contributor
149 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do people go to the beach at the end of September

Thanks for the replies, I thought so but you never know.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do people go to the beach at the end of September

Round here, local wisdom has it that it's possible to swim until the Toussaint (1 Nov) if the weather is right.

5. Re: do people go to the beach at the end of September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 10:15