We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

I wrote this post earlier, but I hadn't yet signed in, so I'm guessing it got lost in the process. If it did post, my apologies.

We're planning to spend a few days in Aix-en-Provence, with some day trips. Has anyone taken the evening trip to Cassis? It leaves at 7:00 PM, and I'm wondering how long the tour is, do you have time on your own, maybe time to sit at a seaside restaurant and enjoy the view? None of these questions is answered on the TI website. We thought about taking the bus, but it only runs on Saturday in April, and that's the day we arrive, just after flying from Chicago, so that's out.

Sandy

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

I should clarify...that is the evening tour offered by the tourist office, which leaves on Sunday evening at 7:00 PM

Sandy

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

Email the TI and ask.

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

datthecoast,

Yes, I actually did e-mail the TI, but haven't heard from them yet. Also, I wondered if anyone had actually taken the trip to flesh out the details a bit. There is very little information on the TI's website. Thanks!

Sandy

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

No idea why you would want to take a tour that late in the day.

Just rent a car and drive yourselves and enjoy a day in Cassis.

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

datthecoast,

Not really sure we do want to take an evening tour. Just looking at it at this point and trying to find out more about it. We will be going in April, and parking is 2 miles outside of town, with no shuttles until April 5th, the day we fly home from Nice. We are in our late 60s, with Diabetic neuropathy, and quite frankly, not up to walking that distance in what I've read is rocky terrain. Also, our time is limited, with only 5 days. We plan to take another tour -- a one day tour to Arles, St. Remy, and Les Baux, as well as the train to Avignon on another day. We thought the evening tour might be nice and free up the day, and that there would be daylight for a couple of hours. We just want to head to a seaside café, have a pichet of Rose wine, and watch the sun set in Cassis.

Sandy

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

" We just want to head to a seaside café, have a pichet of Rose wine, and watch the sun set in Cassis."

Now that sounds like fun!

Looks like you have got the better part of a year to get this figured out.....

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

Right :-)

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

Even on Market-Day we have never had to park 2 miles away from central Cassis. I will check on-line for a map of Cassis, in order to provide you with more precise information regarding just where the Parking lot that we use is located. There is supposedly also a parking lot near the Tourist Office.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

Renting a car for one day is usually very expensive, they tend to price them for a three day rental. Everybody enjoys different things but for me I found Cassis to be a tourist trap, it resembled Disneyland and not somewhere I would ever go to again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,534 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: evening day trip to Cassis from Aix-en-Provence

I would suggest Cassis in the day time. whether you go to the beach, or highlight--take a trip to the Callanques (via boat, or hiking) you should see it in the daytime.