We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

Which Le Lavandou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

Really disappointed. Very run down town with NOTHING to do. Beach is awful and there are only about 10 nice restaurants in a very small stretch of town one road behind beach front. It reminded me of the English equivalent of a tired old Kent seaside town.

30 replies to this topic
Surrey
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

As part of our trip every year for 12 years it is far prettier than st Maxime, has lovely bays around and about. Has a medieval village right next to it. Fresh fish at the portside restaurants. A good family seaside holiday resort.

Really happy it's so low key.

ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

If by tired you mean that it is not overrun, then you are quite right.

The town is small and quiet, but extremely charming. The beaches stretching many miles on both sides of the town are some of the finest you will find anywhere along the Med coast - from large family beaches to small intimate coves reached only on foot. If you want to escape the hustle of the Cote D'Azur and find some real tranquillity at the beach this is the town town to come to.

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

Hi there. Sorry to bother you but I'm heading to Le Lavandou with family in June and I wondered if I could ask you for some advice as you seem to know the place very well? I won't go into things yet in case you're too busy or no longer on this email account.

thanks

Matt

Cronulla Beach, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

i AGREE. we stayed 3 nights. i found the people lovely and friendly. great bakeries and nice restaurants. also nice beaches around there.

Also boat trips tpo other islands.

Its very old fashioned and peaceful.. that it is

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,722 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

That's the great thing about the South of France.... there are plenty of old fashioned places with nothing to do and also plenty of trendy places where you can boogie all night.... take your choice.

Ed

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

we are going to Le Lavandou in July - we like it so much - especially due to the great beaches around the town.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

Visited in September 2013, loved the beach at saint Claire, pristine water...would go back tomorrow and I live close to an amazing beach in Australia. Good honest food and friendly staff at the beach side restaurant with the green and white umbrellas and deck chairs...

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,722 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

Maybe we can rename this post : Le Lavandou - Seaside Town for Tired Old people ? :)

Ed

Witney
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

Le Lavandou is so much more that just the town beach and the main street shops/restaurants, Roger. You should have explored more! There's a marina with the ferries to Port Cros and Porquerolle (look them up they are lovely), many chic-ish beach restaurants/bars/beachlife just along the boardwalk. Amazing Provencale Market on Thursdays. If you have a car there are really pretty beaches within a couple of miles (secretly well-hidden away off the main drag in the direction of St Tropez!) with chic bars and restaurants too. There's a good bus service too and a 'little train' that can drop you off at some off the little beaches. There's also Faviere and Borme les Mimosa within a ten minute drive. We've only just started to find the area a bit 'samey' after 14 years!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town

I agree, it's not a tired old town, lots of restaraunts and cafes to choose from, the drive to St Tropez is worth it to see the countryside and St Tropez of course. It's not a crazy busy town on the seafront,it's got a good balance of seaside and not frantic traffic, with a reasonable beach and port. Bormes is good, lovely street and parks. Take a ferry to the islands, Porquerolles or Port Cros have beautiful beaches and we saw dolphins on the way back, magical. All the coves along to Cavaliere are great to visit, lovely spots. We were here for a week during the festival of the fishers and it was seafood special dinners and lunches too. Great icecreameries, patissiers, local wines and restaraunts, brasseries with live music, yep I'd love to come back anytime, always something to do!

Reply to: Le Lavandou -Tired old seaside town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Le Lavandou