We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking recommendations

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
531 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Parking recommendations

Hi, just wondering what people's thoughts are on parking. Better to park on the right bank or the left bank? The right bank looks like it's accessible to more places of interests. On the other hand, the left bank looks less congested and may be easier to find a parking...

Would love any advice...

8 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,741 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking recommendations

Park wherever you are lucking enough to find a spot. You can walk across the bridge and be on the other side of the river in just a few minutes time from whichever side you start on.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking recommendations

As Sarastro says, the town is not THAT big. There are several parking lots off the main entry roads (both sides) and IN town. Depending on what day you are looking - and what time of year (Tuesday is market day and many of the lots will be used for the market - or full by 8am), you should take whatever you find !

If you are visiting in July or August, parking can be tough, so take what you can find.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
531 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking recommendations

Thanks, Sarastro and Toutou. No, we are not planning on going there on market day.... And we're going in Sept, so hopefully less touristy. The town looked kinda big and quite possibly tourist-congested when I looked at the map and youtubed it. But will take your advice, and probably try and get there early in the day.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking recommendations

Oh, do go on market day - the Tuesday market in Vaison is one of the best in the area.

In September, you shouldn't have a massive problem finding parking.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
531 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking recommendations

Would love to, Sunshine, but we'll still be in the Côte d'Azur on Tues. But I plan to get our marché fix on Fri at Carpentras (if our tour for Chateauneuf du Pape doesn't come through) or Arles on Sat. Unless you have another recommendation...

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking recommendations

Carpentras's Friday market is the best in the region. Vaison's Tuesday market is excellent too. Not sure which days you will be in the area but Bédoin's Monday market is very good also. Malaucene's Wed. market is small and not very appealing (even in high season).

Arles is a long drive to take from Vaison - for a market. I presume you'd be going for other reasons too.

Apt's Saturday market is also very very good.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
531 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking recommendations

Thanks toutou. We are not staying at Vaison. We're staying at Maussane-les-Alpilles. Arles will probably be closest. And yes, we are planning to visit Arles for other sights apart from the market. I'm just trying to map out possible day trip itineraries, factoring in travel time/parking/sight/weather, etc. before we make our final decisions on which ones to go with. Also trying to time the visits with the market days as well.

Thanks for the Apt recommend. Will definitely keep that in mind if we look into visiting there.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking recommendations

Vivian- I'm renting in Maussane in late June; taking day trips from there as well. I'd be interested in what you end up choosing. As much as i would like to avoid touristy crowds; my group of 5 qualifies as such and since they have not seen any of the wonderful towns of interest in Provence, I feel we should brave the crowds and go.I would like to include a day's drive ( up and back) to the Gorge du Verdon. Have you been there or are you considering it?

Reply to: Parking recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vaison-la-Romaine