We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good red wines in Rhone valley

Which Vaison-la-Romaine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
403 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Good red wines in Rhone valley

Dear TAs,

We are coming from Brantes and would make like to stay one night in the northern rhone valley for some good red wine tasting. The next night, we are staying at Seguret to visit some of the wineries in the Southern Rhone winery road before we head to Paris the next day.

Please advise for less than 50m north of Seguret, where should we go for wineries and where can we stay so that after all the wine tasting, my husband would not be too tired to drive.

Next day, we can then travel down to Seguret and move on to the wineries in the South so prefer not to drive too far up north to minimise travelling time.

We have no knowledge of french wines but my husband likes red wines. We hope to bring some home that is good and relatively inexpensive about 20 Euros. They will probably cost 3x the price back home.

Can you all kindly help us?

Thank you!

17 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
403 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good red wines in Rhone valley

After hearing from you all, I think I should focus only on the South, start from Brantes to Vaison-la-Romaine to Rasteau and Domaine de Mourchon then check into our hotel at Seguret for day 1.

Day 2 focuses on Gigondas, Sablet, Vacqueyras, Beaumes-de-Venise and Chateauneuf de Pape which seems quite a lot for a day.

Am I trying to do too much in two days? I don't want to rush from one wineries to another.

By the way, Catullus, my husband is a great fan of Californian wines, both red and white.

Thanks for all the wonderful tips!

Cheers!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good red wines in Rhone valley

Day 2 would be very rushed, as Châteauneuf-du-Pape is south of the other wine villages. Save that for another day if you possibly can, as there are quite a few small producers that are fun to visit. One nice grower left his lunch (!) to take us to his cave, crawled over some pretty large vats with a pipette, and drew up samples for us. When we bought a bottle of our favorite he wrapped it in purple tissue and bowed us out, one of our favorite memories of the region.

We live about an hour from the Napa Valley, but French wines are my favorites.

mt. laurel, nj
Level Contributor
362 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Good red wines in Rhone valley

Uh, don't the French drive on the Right?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Good red wines in Rhone valley

Uh, they do -- but nobody said otherwise.

mt. laurel, nj
Level Contributor
362 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Good red wines in Rhone valley

Uh, not to be snarky but OP indicated they were not comfortable driving on left side if her husband drank

too much. I was simply pointing out that that wouldn't be the case.

16. Re: Good red wines in Rhone valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 12:26

17. Re: Good red wines in Rhone valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 January 2016, 18:40

Reply to: Good red wines in Rhone valley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vaison-la-Romaine