We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transfers to Les Gets

Preston, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Private Transfers to Les Gets

Hi, I'm looking to book a private transfer from Geneva to Les Gets. I've seen a number on the internet - Powdercab, Massif Soleil, Ski Transfer. Does anyone have any feedback on these ?

Thanks

Richard

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

When people ask about transfer company recommendations on these forums, the best advice I can give is to use companies that actually provide the transfers themselves. There are a lot of booking agents around.

Of the ones you have listed above Powdercab operate their own vehicles. I have never heard of Massif Soleil (doesn't mean they don't exist though) and Ski Transfers are a booking agent.

Also look have a look at:

http://www.summittransfers.com

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

Thanks

3. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 15:35
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

Massif Soleil Transfers ripped us off! We paid in advance for a private transfer from Geneva airport to Morzine on 3/2/13 with a return on 9/3/13. They never picked us up for either. On each occasion a Director, Jonathan Colin apologised and I have a voicemail message from him promising a full refund. He then sent only a partial refund. This is a scam. Don't use this company, they spoilt an otherwise enjoyable holiday.

Leicester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

I used massif Soleil transfers in feb and again in march. I found the booking process to be simple and priced competitively. The driver was waiting for us on our arrival and we had a very pleasant journey to resort. I would thoroughly recommend using this company

Fracne
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

Further to the review submitted by Anthony Fitzmaurice regarding the private transfer between Geneva airport and Morzine on the 31/3/13 and the 9/2/13 Massif Soleil Transfers (MST) would like to offer the following response:

The transfer on the 31/3/13 from Geneva airport was scheduled to be picked up from a 1520h flight arrival. As a general rule we allow ¾ hour from flight arrival time for clients to arrive at our meeting point in the arrivals hall. After ¾ hour it is company policy for the office to contact the clients via the number supplied on their booking form. At 1600h we tried to contact the client only to find that the phone was switched off. Continued attempts at contact had the same result.

At 1640h (1 hour 20mins after flight arrival time) the client contacted our office and complained that our office numbers did not work. This was the first time in the entire season that this allegation had been made and it has not been made since. Furthermore, due to it being a very busy day there had been many other phonecalls to the office numbers that had got through.

Due to our scheduling requirements our vans had had to move onto their next job and accusations that our driver was not outside our meeting point are completely unfounded as three drivers were standing there in full uniform.

The director of the company then sorted out another transfer with another company to get the client to their destination. MST paid this in full and 30 euros was refunded to the client for this leg due to the client having to go on a shared transfer rather than a private transfer as they had originally booked.

The return leg from Morzine to the airport on 9/2/13 was one of the busiest days of the season and a bottleneck in Taninges caused tailbacks of unprecedented length. In part this was due to sheer volume of traffic but also due to the police setting up roadblocks that only further compounded the delays. It was with huge regret that MST had to ring the client and inform that due to the gridlock – circumstances beyond our control - we would be unable to fulfil their transfer requirement. It was done in time so that the client could sort out a local taxi and make their flight. A full refund was given for this leg.

Whilst we understand that the client Anthony Fitzmaurice experienced a very difficult couple of days in getting to and from the airport and we totally accept that there was a huge amount of undue stress caused by not being able to pick them up to return them to the airport, we do feel that we did everything we could as a company to help them in their predicament. We also refunded them a full leg that we were unable to uphold and the difference on the leg where we sorted them out with a different transfer company. In this respect we feel that we have not “ripped off” the client.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

Hello Massif Soleil Transfers.

I can also vouch for the traffic on the day you mentioned, luckily I missed the worst of it but heard from other drivers about the problems they had.

You have done better than a lot of other companies (on this forum) with your commitment to customer service by refunding a full transfer leg.

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

With regard to the post by Jonathan Colin earlier, in his voicemail message of 9/2 left on my phone he says:

"...obviously I am going to issue a full refund for both transfers......I am going to phone the office now and arrange a full refund for both journeys of €310.....huge apology, you will get a full refund, many thanks and will speak soon"

I agreed to accept the full refund which is very reasonable given the additional charges we incurred. However, he has only paid a partial refund and when I questioned this he refused to respond further.

A. Fitzmaurice

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

Destination expert - We were never told that the transfer could not be fulfilled. We were told, 5 minutes after the pick up time that our driver would be an hour late. We arranged a taxi, which we were extremely fortunate to secure and made the flight with minutes to spare. Before picking us up the taxi driver had returned from Geneva airport to Morzine and our trip back to the airport took 1 hour and 10 minutes.

I appreciate that Saturdays are busy and that as it was a holiday weekend it was particularly busy but the taxi driver was able to get from the airport to Morzine and back again. If we had waited for Massif Soleil Transfers we would still be in Morzine as they were still not there when we got in the taxi.

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Transfers to Les Gets

With regard to the original pick up on 3/2 (not 31/3) we were at the meeting point at 15:40 as the plane landed 10 minutes early. We eventually spoke to Bree, in the Massif Soleil office at 16:14 who was very helpful and who arranged a shared transfer which departed two hours after our original specified departure. I have the phone records to prove this and to show the earlier calls from 15:50 onwards, when we could not get through.

Why would we make this up as Mr Colin suggests?

If he or his 3 drivers in uniform ( first time this has been mentioned) were at the airport then it was at a different time or different place.

We never received any further contact until I rang to enquire about the return. After an initial apology Mr. Colin said that I was not telling the truth as he was at the meeting point at the right time. I was astounded by this. What have I got to gain by not telling the truth. Why would we arrive 10 minutes early and then wait for an hour and a half before contacting them. My phone was on from around 15:30 and I have no missed calls. If he rang when we were in the air he would obviously not get any answer.

All I want is my money back as he has previously promised. He has previously admitted that he let us down on both journeys. I have already set out the facts but he chooses to ignore them and presents a plausible alternative instead.

He has said he will not respond to my emails.