We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lift opening dates in December

Liss, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Lift opening dates in December

Trying to use up some vouchers I have just booked a trip to Les Gets in Dec (13th - 19th Dec 2013) only to find out the ski lifts were not due to open til 22nd in 2012, so am now concerned for next season wondering if my "saving" is in fact an expensive mistake.

Does anyone know if they are usually opened earlier (as in 2012 - 15th dec) and if there are any other options within driving distance should we be left without a lift?

Thanks

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lift opening dates in December

The lifts in Avoriaz (part of the Les Gets and Morzine ski area) Portes du Soleil might open earlier, epescially if there has been lots of pre-season snow.

Liss, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lift opening dates in December

Just wondering if anyone can update me on if any lifts are open or might be open next week, as the trip booked long ago is now here, if no lifts open whats the cross country skiing like, might be time to learn?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lift opening dates in December

Towards the bottom of this page is some information: http://www.morznet.com/lifts/dates.html

4. Re: Lift opening dates in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 13:15