We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rugby bar

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Rugby bar

I will be in Tignes next weekend and will need to watch Ireland grand-slam Wales in the Six Nations.

Can anyone recommend a bar where I can watch the game at 6:30pm Sat, so i don't have to spend time looking around on my first day.

Thanks in advance

- Mike

Tignes
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rugby bar

Hi Mike,

Depends which part of town you're in:

Val Claret - probably be on in the Crowded House, Hotel Curling.

Le Lac - Should be on in the Alpaka Lodge or the Loop (owned by two Welsh boys...)

Lavachet - Should be on in TC's (Irish barman) and the Brasero

Cheers,

Matt

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rugby bar

Thanks Matt. I think you responded to a post I made last year also.

I was staying in Les Boisses, but went to The Loop in Le Lac to watch with the Welsh boys and their mates. Heard that the Crowded House in Val Claret was very busy also with lots of Irish.

Had a great weekend with sunshine and snow, made all the better with with a fantastic (but heart-attack inducingly tense) result for Ireland.

Tignes
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rugby bar

Heh - I bet Jamie and Morgan were gutted...

In London right now but will be lapping up the sun and the slush in 10 days time... can't wait.

I always forget poor old Boisses and Brevieres, but for future reference The Dome and Les Melezes in Boisses would probably be showing rugby matches as well - you may even have been staying at one of them!

Cheers,

Matt

4. Re: Rugby bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 00:19