We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from London to Val Thorens

Which Val Thorens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
transport from London to Val Thorens

Hi

I am looking to travel to Val Thorens in mid March - currently am open to two options of getting there:

1. Fly from London to Grenoble, and catch a bus from Grenoble airport to Val Thorens

2. Ski train from London to Moutiers, and then the Altibus to Val Thorens

Has anyone done either before? Also, any issues on punctuality/safety/cost savings?

Thanks!!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
780 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from London to Val Thorens

As far as I know there are no direct buses from Grenoble to Val Thorens, which means a change in Moutiers whichever option you choose. Bens Bus runs a service from Grenoble to Moutiers - I have used them before and they are good, but they will wait for the planes they serve so their punctuality depends on that of incoming flights. The train is quite punctual in France in my experience.

Both end up at the Gare Routier in Moutiers from which there is a regular (if sometimes ratehr busy) service to Val Thorens - see valthorens.com/pdf/navettes_horaires_h2011.p… There were big queues for tickets for these buses when I transferred through Moutiers in early February.

Val Thorens, France
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from London to Val Thorens

Hi

Lot of information on getting to Val Thorens including by bus and plane can be found here: skigb.com/val-thorens-travel-by-plane.html

If you could fly to Geneva or Chambery it would give you more options on the bus side.

3. Re: transport from London to Val Thorens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 05:28