We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Konstanz to Zurich

Which Konstanz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
Konstanz to Zurich

Konstanz is the last leg of a European journey for our family this summer. We plan to spend either 2 or 3 days in Konstanz with our flight back to the US being booked out of Zurich. Is there anything for us to do in Zurich, near the airport that would warrant us going to Zurich a day early? Or the alternative would be to stay in Konstanz until the night before our flight home and then just book something for the night near the airport for an early flight home.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Konstanz to Zurich

I have done both.

When I wanted to return my rental car I had picked up picked up in Germany to save the drop-off fee, I took in Meersburg (Car Ferry) and also visted the Insel (island) Mainau, which is one big flower exhibit, with a little castle and a nice restaurant. I don't know how old your kids are,but there is a children's section with outdoor model train and all sorts of funnily cut plants.

I also stayed near the airport, in the town of Kloten (the name of the aireport). There are several hotels there; some offer free shuttle service to the airport. Can't remember the name of my hotel. After my car drop-off I took the train (from the airport) into thge city. I believe ghere are also busses. Zurich is quite an interesting and impressive city..

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Konstanz to Zurich

The train from Konstanz directly to the Zurich Airport (no changes) is only a little over an hour so you shouldn't need to get to Zurich the night before (check the schedule at www.sbb.ch). If you wanted to, the Radisson Blu is physically attached to the airport and very convenient. Nothing to see or do in Kloten where the airport is. An 8-11 minute train ride gets you into Zurich HB (main station) and there is much to see within walking distance including the main shopping area and the old city.

3. Re: Konstanz to Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 05:15