We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from Munich to Konstanz

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
306 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from Munich to Konstanz

We are staying in Munich for a few days at the beginning of September and then travelling to Konstanz for a further few days before returning to Munich. I understand that it is possible to travel from Munich to Konstanz by train or bus. The advantage with the bus appears to be that you don't have to change and it is cheaper than the train (& hardly any longer). Are there disadvantages to taking the bus that I have not realised?

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from Munich to Konstanz

I wopuld travel by train from Munich to Lindau, using the Bavarian Ticket (EUR 26 for 2 persons) Read up about the ticket on "Search" in this Forum. The station is right next to the old part of this delighrtful island city. Then take the train to Friedrichshafen. Check, but there is a similar discounted ticket available for the state in which Friedrichafen and Kosntanz are located. From Friedrichshafen take the Bus to Meersburg (same ticket ),. Be sure to spend some time there as well. Ttake the ferry either to Konstanz center, or the car ferry which runs more frequently to Konstanz -Staad, connected by bus to Konstanz.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Friedrichshafen
Friedrichshafen
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
England
Level Contributor
25 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from Munich to Konstanz

Thank you for your reply, but your suggested route involves a number of changes. We will have luggage with us and are retired, so this is not ideal. Do you know anything against going by bus?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from Munich to Konstanz

There is nothing against going by bus (MeinFernbus.com) - it is faster and more convenient in this case.

The only thing going against the bus is that it is a bus, the seating will be by necessity more tight and the usual small sideways movements that you have on any wheeled vehicle can cause some motion sickness in some people.

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from Munich to Konstanz

Many thanks indeed. I take travel tablets anyway and my partner does not suffer from travel sickness. We shall do this. Thanks again.

5. Re: travelling from Munich to Konstanz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16