We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with German language - Need to contact hotel in German

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
826 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Help with German language - Need to contact hotel in German

I've having problems with a booking I have with a hotel in Bamberg. My lack of German and I think their limited English is the issue. I've attempted three times to get the dates and room type correct, but they keep making error's in the confirmations I'm being sent.

Can someone who speaks German tell me if what I've written below makes sense (I put my english text into google translate) and is polite?

Basically I want a twin room (not a double like they've booked) for the dates below

thank you in advance.

Hallo,

Es ist ein Fehler mit meiner Buchung.

Es sollte zweibettzimmer werden (2 Betten)

Check-in 10. Juni 2011

Check out 11. Juni 2011

Danke

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with German language - Need to contact hotel in German

The term that HRS.com uses in German for twin beds is - mit 2 getrennten Betten - meaning "with 2 separate beds".

One point of possible confusion. In Germany double bed rooms are sometimes actually two twin beds pushed together and can be separated. We routinely stay at a hotel like this in Würzburg. If your hotel is listed on HRS (English Version) you can look them up. Select the hotel. As it opens, go to the Information and photos tab. There is text under "Important Informations" that will describe available rooms. An example:

"Number of double rooms: 20, of which have 2 separate beds: 6"

http://www.hrs.com/web3/

Regards, Gary

You many already have the room that you want.

Edited: 18 January 2011, 02:02
Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
826 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with German language - Need to contact hotel in German

The confirmation (version 3) says

1 Double room.

Booking period 10.6.2011 - 12.06.2011

(we actually need to check out on the 11th not the 12th)

In a prior confirmation it actually said "twin" room.

They are asking us to fax them the details on our credit card, along with the card holder's signature on the same page which isn't the safest thing to do....Wishing we'd just booked through an online booking service like travelocity or the like rather than emailing them direct.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
826 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with German language - Need to contact hotel in German

oh and the hotel isn't on HRS.....it's a good site though - I wish I'd seen it sooner!

4. Re: Help with German language - Need to contact hotel in German

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2012, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Bamberg