We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow travel

Which Oberstdorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Moscow travel

Please give me clear information abt Russia visit. At present we are having German Visa , so can we go to Moscow on this visa. If not, Is invitation necessary of Russian Visa. Which type of Visa is easy to get to visit Moscow. Because we want to go to Moscow and st Peterburgs for sightseeing. at present i am staying in Berlin. Please give me information that will be helpful for safe journey. I heard that getting russian visa is not so easy to get.

9 replies to this topic
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow travel

You may want to try the Russia forum for this question.

Your Germany visa is of no interest to Russian authorities and of no use for a visit to Russia.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow travel

some part of Russia is in European Union. so i got doubt whether we can travel with german visa or not.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,709 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow travel

Are you joking? No part of Russia is in European Union. Who told you that?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,330 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow travel

Berlin must have a travel agency that specializes in Russian travel, just ask them about it. They also might be able to expedite visas.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moscow travel

<some part of Russia is in European Union>

No. European Russia is (geographically) part of the European continent, but not (politically) part of the European Union.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Moscow travel

thank u very much. now its clear for me.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Moscow travel

thank you for ur advice.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moscow travel

"some part of Russia is in European Union. "

Since when?

Some part of Russia is located on the European continent but that is of no political significance.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moscow travel

No, of course a German visa is not sufficient to visit Russia. However, an invitation is not required for a Russian visa. That is just one possibility, if you know someone in Russia, then they can invite you.

If you don't know anyone, you'd have to book a hotel for your entire stay (not just the first night) in advance and apply for a visa. I suggest you use a visa agency - it makes life easier. ... And do it soon. A Russian visa becomes more expensive if you wait too long (up to US $ 150 for an express visa if you get it at the airport on the same day).

Reply to: Moscow travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted