We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance from the Marriott

D J
Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Walking distance from the Marriott

Hello all:

I'm traveling on business but have convinced my wife to join me for a long weekend in Bavaria. I will have to work on Monday but my wife's flight isn't until Tuesday morning so she will have all day Monday by herself. We're staying at the Marriott and I'm trying to find something for her to do to not be too bored on Monday. She will not travel to Munich by train by herself so is there anything within walking distance of the Marriott? Seems that I recall a town square where I walked and had a meal a few months back but not sure what else is around.

Thanks, D

2 replies to this topic
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distance from the Marriott

I can understand your wife's reticence on taking the train alone to Munich but she is passing up a great opportunity to see the city!! Would she consider a private driver from the Marriott that could pick her up in the city when she is done? Might be costly...

The entire town is walkable from the Marriott and there are a few shops and restaurants that she may enjoy. The other star of this area is the Weihenstefan Brewery which is a 30 minute walk (some of it uphill) from the Marriott. This is the world's oldest brewery and they do give very nice tours, but the English tours are not that often....check their website.. There is also a nice restaurant there.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distance from the Marriott

<http://www.johns-bavarian-tours.com/comments-positive-feedback-from-my-guests/references-2013.html>

This link is for a tour service that will pick you up at the airport........I am sure that he would pick you up in Freising but your wife can take the Marriott shuttle to the airport if she has to meet them there - the shuttle is about 13 euros per person. I have no knowledge if they are good or not

I would speak with the folks at the Marriott to see if they can recommend a tour person or group for her. This is a busy hotel with lots of tourists and flight crew. I suspect that they will be able to easily give you some ideas.

Reply to: Walking distance from the Marriott
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Freising
Recent Conversations