We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hiking map

Which Ruhpolding hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
good hiking map

Hi everyone,

My wife and i are off to Rhupolding sept 2013,Can anyone advise me where i can get a good hiking map of the area,If anyone has been there could they give me a few tips,And general info on the area,What to do ect,Places to eat ect.

Many thanks,

steve.

5 replies to this topic
london
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: good hiking map

oppps.

thats sept 2014.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good hiking map

Every hiker I know has a couple of "Kompass" maps at home. They are standard and offer an extensive series of good hiking maps. Look for "Chiemgauer Alpen", and you'll find a fitting, detailed map. Can be bought locally, and online...

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good hiking map

I don't like the Kompass range, it tends to be a low print quality and somewhat inaccurate, though cheap and available everywhere. The ebst maps - probably only available in larger bookshops - are the official maps of the Bavarian Cartographic Institute...

http://www.vermessung.bayern.de/topo.html

Edited: 30 October 2013, 16:59
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: good hiking map

How good is your German? This website gives you a wide variety of hiking trails. I recommend the ones from the top of the Rauschberg.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: good hiking map

oooohps, forgot the ULR:http://www.ruhpolding.de/bayern/Article/ID/111/Session/1-KS1pa4sS-0-IP/Wandern_Klettern.htm

Reply to: good hiking map
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ruhpolding
More Ruhpolding Topics