We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday visiting in Lindau

Varna
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Sunday visiting in Lindau

Hello - I need som help, can you tell me something about visiting Lindau... I am planning to visit the city in the end of June for one day - but it will be Sunday. So is there will be anything open - shops, restaurants and so on, or the city not working in Sunday? ;-) thank you for the answer!

9 replies to this topic
Florida
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
173 reviews
1. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

Everything will be open except the shops. It's the same all over Germany. Restaurants are open, the ships will cruise etc.

Varna
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

Thank you - I can change the day in my planning - Lindau in Saturday and to visit Munich (for Deutsches Museum) in Sunday - will it be better ?

Florida
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
173 reviews
3. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

It depends on the weather. If it nice, Lindau is better, if it rains, the museum is better.

Why is shopping so important?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

I would suggest Sunday in Lindau. Sundays in Germany are relaxed, most people do not have to work, go out with the family, visit beergardens, cafes or restaurants, strolling around. Lindau is not really known as a shopping paradise,lol, so it should not matter if shops are open or not. Cafe, Bars, Restaurants and Museums are anyway

Varna
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

Thank you for the answer - the shopping is not really so important, but we will be the whole day in the town and we cannot be all day staying in cafe :-) I want to spend the day walking around, buying something and so on... like other travellers ;-)

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
6. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

There are shops open where you can buy soda or little things, nobody expect you to spent all day in a cafe,lol. But I personally think that a place like Lindau would be nice on a relaxing sunday. It will be not different in Munich. It kinda makes sense to do Lindau on a Sunday and Munich another day when everything is open. Of course it is up to you. I can only give you my advice.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
173 reviews
7. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

Lindau is on the ;lake. You will very likely take a boat ride, go for walks, sit on a park bench etc. That's why I wrote to go there on a nice day. Skip it when it rains.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

We also plan our visit to Lindau on Sunday.

Can you advise us where to park? Is there parking on Hintere Insel, or close by?

Thank you!

Augsburg
Level Contributor
274 posts
206 reviews
9. Re: Sunday visiting in Lindau

https:/…parking-and-getting-around-the-area

Reply to: Sunday visiting in Lindau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lindau