We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

Which Champery hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

Hi,

Me and my wife are going to be reaching Geneva Station from Paris on the 28th of April from where we need to get to the ski village of Champoussin in Val d Illiez region. We prefer if we can share a van and not have to take the train since it has 2 connections and we will have quite a lot of luggage. Any one travelling from Geneva to Champoussin on 28th April? Maybe we can share the rental?

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

It's quite easy to use the train in Switzerland, even with luggage. You needen't be concerned if you haven't been able to find another alternative.

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

I don't have an answer for you, but I have been searching for an answer to my question, maybe you can help me. We are flying into Geneva and don't know the train connections to get to Val D'Lilliez. Can you help me with that? We are wondering if we need a rental car to see any more of Switzerland or if we can use trains for a week from Val D'Lilliez.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

You would go from Geneva (Geneve) to Aigle by train, change trains and go to Val d'Illiez (spelt D'ILLIEZ).

Have a look at this website to get times and details www.sbb.ch/en/

india
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

hello udit,

i wonder how u went about your travel, i too need to know how to get thru to champoussin from val d'illez station.. i dont much care for the bus ride considering its a long journey from india in the first place.. also can u pls help me regarding taxi fares, from val diliez to champoussin. we are staying at the royal alpage club

many thanks

Leicester
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

Hi there we are doing the same and arriving 19/04 and have decided to hire a car as the Royal Alpage club looks a bit remote anyone any further help or advise before we go ahead and book the car? Also whats the weather at the moment

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

I think it's worth knowing that Val d'Illiez is a really small place and taxi's in the middle of the country can be pretty hard to come by. However, the Swiss bus system is excellent and perfectly comfortable, clean and reliable. If you go to the www.sbb.ch/en site and put in your "from" point and your "to" point it will show you exactly the timings. You can trust in the timings as are shown.

7. Re: Transfer from Geneva Station to Champoussin, Val d Illiez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Champery