We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio in La Tour-de-Peilz

Which Vevey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
781 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Studio in La Tour-de-Peilz

Has anyone stayed in the studios in La Tour-de-Peilz rented by the Riviera Lodge in Vevey?

We plan to stay there for a week in May/June 2009 and would appreciate any comments.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,104 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio in La Tour-de-Peilz

Hi RacingRoq,

I haven't stayed there but really wanted to -- a LOT! I couldn't afford it, as I was planning to be there for two months. I would go for it in a shot!

Love the location -- that's a lovely little harbor. Just steps from the bus that will take you either right into Vevey or to Montreux in the other direction. The ferries also dock right there.

Good luck!

s

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio in La Tour-de-Peilz

Wow, that would be very fun. I also haven't stayed there, but what a lovely location - surely you can't go wrong?!

I've written lots about things to do in Vevey, but do let me know nearer the time if you want any advice about Vevey and the immediate surroundings.

Guelph
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio in La Tour-de-Peilz

Yes actually, I stayed there quite recently.

My advice to you is to stay there for sure! Staying there was probably the highlight of our trip.

Our apartment (#5) was a two person apartment with a nice kitchen, two single beds (very typically swiss and very comfortable), a television that gets both BBC World and BBC Prime as well as Swiss channels, and a bathtub (rare for Switzerland). We had three windows, two of which looked out onto the street and the third which looked out onto the tower of the Games Museum and its gardens. Being close to the gardens meant that it was a little noisy with the windows open because it seems to be a popular place to hang out for locals. There is no air conditioning so keeping the windows open in the daytime is important when it's hot out. Though you might not even need to worry about it if you're going in the spring.

I think the apartments are independently owned so they might vary, but when I inquired about staying in one, they sent me pictures of the apartment that they were proposing.

The building has a washing machine that you can use to do laundry which is very helpful.

La Tour-De-Peilz is a great little town that has easy access (both train and bus) to Montreux and Vevey. I have visited many places in Switzerland (and lived in two) and Montreux is my favourite. It is absolutely beautiful. Make sure to walk along the water where all the flowers are. Also, May is my favourite month in Switzerland because all the vineyards are starting to bud and then get leafy and there are lilacs everywhere.

Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Studio in La Tour-de-Peilz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 17:18