We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business trip to vevey,Nestle

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Business trip to vevey,Nestle

Hi,

I am on a official trip to vevey,nestle from may 6-18.

Questions:-

1.What is the best way to spend the only one weekend I have ?one day trip to interlake/mt.tiltis?

2.What is the weather like in May?

3.Any places for veg foods?

4.Do hotels have microwaves/kitchen?

5.Is it safe to venture out after office hours?

6.Supermarkets/groceries where I can buy something to eat,without having a kitchen to cook?

Many Thanks.

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business trip to vevey,Nestle

Hi there... I lived in Vevey for 5 years and it is a beautiful small city on the edge of Lake Geneva, very close to Lausanne and Montreux - so there is much to see and do ...and these places are within 15minutes of Vevey and super easy to get to with (the very efficient) public transportation.

1. From Montreux you can catch the Golden Pass panorama to Interlaken, a very scenic train trip or alternatively you can take the train to Spiez and then up to Zermatt. Both of these would be a nice overnight. However Vevey and the region also have plenty to keep you occupied over the weekend, and they are just a beautiful as other parts of CH.

In the region there is a funicular that goes up Mt. Pelerain (3min walk from Nestley HQ), and there are plenty of walks in the area including hikes in the Grandvaux vineyards. Additionally the steam-ships on the lake can take you to Montreux (45min) or Lausanne (2hrs) and if the day is nice then this is a very scenic trip. (easy to return by train).

2. Weather is very variable, but usually quite nice in May. Vevey is a little warmer than the average elsewhere in CH - however it is still spring and it might also be very wet, cool, and there is even a (minute!) possibility of snow. Take a look at the long range forecast before you go, and plan for everything.

3. Most restaurants will have vegetarian selections on the menu, but this will mostly be local cuisine (think fondue, cheese, and veggies), or the generic globalized chinese. There is an indian restaurant in Vevey (Indien Palace/Palais Indien), but it is geared towards the local cliental.

4. No, hotels typically do not have a kitchen or microwave.

5. Very very very safe... absolutely no problems at all (of course use common sense - but Switzerland is an extremely safe and respectful country).

6. There are several food stores in the town center: Migros, COOP and Manor are the three main supermarkets - however be aware that they tend to close early and that they are closed on Sundays.

Hope this info helps.

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business trip to vevey,Nestle

Thanks so much for a detailed reply canswiss.

I would get a riveria pass from the hotel.Can you tell me what all is covered in that?

the funicular charges?

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business trip to vevey,Nestle

montreuxriviera.com/en/…Montreux_Riviera_Card

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,112 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business trip to vevey,Nestle

Are you a complete vegetarian or do you eat fish? If so, there is a quirky little restaurant along the lake from Vevey at St Saphorn, the Café du raisin. They serve some of the best fillets de perche on the lake. You can take the local train there...

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business trip to vevey,Nestle

Hello.Thanks for all your references.I am back from the trip and enjoyed a lot.

I had been to the Alimentarium,Rochers de Naye peak,castle at chillon,Lavaux wineyards,Montreux lakeside.I did get an extra day off on the 9th May.

The country is simply beautiful and easy to navigate.And the people are very helpful too.Learnt a few words like Bon jour n Merci :)

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,112 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business trip to vevey,Nestle

So glad you had a good time!! Come back again soon.

7. Re: Business trip to vevey,Nestle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 21:15