We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike day trip to Broc, the chocolate factoru

canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bike day trip to Broc, the chocolate factoru

Hello! Is it possible to bike from Vevey to Broc? I see in google maps that it is only 40 km, but i would like to know if it is mostly flat or if there is a lot of uphill? I am a little concerned because of the high mountains in that area. If so, does anyone recommend a place where we could rent a bike? Thanks!

Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike day trip to Broc, the chocolate factoru

No real "high mountains" from Vevey to Broc, but Vevey is at 383 m above sea level - Broc at 718 m - highest elevation at 868 m when using the main road (not much traffic thanks to nearby highway). Technically not really a challenge.

Several options for renting bicycles in Switzerland - railway stations for instance (check www.sbb.ch). In addition, bicycles can be transported on trains (additional ticket, some restrictions apply) - might be worth checking for an easy tour avoiding part of the uphill section from Vevey to Châtel-Saint-Denis.

Have fun ....

2. Re: Bike day trip to Broc, the chocolate factoru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Vevey
Recent Conversations