We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic hotel?

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
375 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic hotel?

Could you Saas-Fee experts recommend a romantic hotel? I liked the look of the Ferienart, but it's had such mixed reviews on TA, I'm not sure now.

I'm looking for something with views, preferably suites and a fire.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic hotel?

Hi Jackie

I would avoid the Ferienart, the poor reviews are spot on.

My top recommendation would be the Schweizerhof, followed by the Beau-Site. Both are good, the Beau-Site is the more romantic, but the Schweizerhof is more modern and has a bigger and better wellness area. The Beau-Site is right in the middle of things on the main street, the Schweizerhof is in a quiet residential area about 75 metres from the main street. The Schweizerhof is closer to the slopes (5 minutes walk).

Have you considered a luxury apartment as an alternative? Residence Chateau (www.saas-fee-chateau.ch) is right next to the Schweizerhof and is a pair of brand new buildings (traditionally styled) with an excellent wellness area. Cheaper than an hotel and you can eat out - lots of great resurants within a few minutes walk.

Best wishes.

Mike

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
375 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic hotel?

Hi Mike

Thanks for that. I have looked at the properties you suggest and they were on my list, but now you've narrowed it down nicely for me.

The only problem with the Residence Chateau is that you can't see what the rooms are like on their website - any ideas?

Thanks again

Jackie

UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic hotel?

Hi Jackie

If you go to www.saas-fee-chateau.ch and click on 'Apartments' you will see all the apartments that are available for rent listed. You can click on each individual apartment and see the standard of furnishings etc. As these are all privately owned there is quite a bit of variation. The higher apartments have the best views.

Best wishes.

Mike

4. Re: Romantic hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Saas-Fee