We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

la Collina

kidderminster
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
la Collina

Definitely the worst hotel I have stayed in, incompetently run, dirty, poor service and virtually inedible food.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: la Collina

What about writing a review.

north
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: la Collina

did anybody else have the same complaints as you? Do you think it is always like that?

kidderminster
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: la Collina

I have written a review, don't know if its been posted yet. Yes everyone in the hotel was really disappointed with the standard of service, state of the rooms and appalling food. One of our party had visited the hotel on 2 previous occasions and had a fantastic time and excellent service. I really hope that it isn't this bad all the time but feel very strongly that at this time it is severely misrepresented in the Crystal brochure and wouldn't wish anyone else to be as disappointed as we were.

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: la Collina

I also posted a review this month - I stayed on a 4* half board ski package in December 2004 at La Collina- the hotel had the potential to be 3-4* but the food was definitely not.

I did enjoy my holiday and this is a lovely resort, and you can eat out in the local restaurants which are very good, as are the local bakeries/supermarkets if you wish to buy your breakfast. I posted the review so people can judge for themselves whether they wish to stay here, as the holiday was sold to us as 4 star half board with speciality 4 course meal once a week, club breakfast etc, and this was simply not true. If you value your money and expect to get what you pay for I would advise staying at local hotels with a restaurant open to the public - unless of course you get a really good deal so don't mind eating out, otherwise you may as well go self catering and use the money you save to eat out.

Cambridge, England
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: la Collina

Have posted a review for Christmas this year - loved the place. The breakfast issue: either the hotel has chnaged beyond recognition, but breakfast was HUGE. Every day there were: three kinds of cereal, fruit, fresh (locally baked, not packet) bread of at least two kinds, salami, cheese, ham, yogurt, 3 kinds of juice, as much tea or coffee as you could drink, AND a cooked option every day (various combinations of eggs, sausage, baked beans, tomato, bacon). Somebody tell me that that is not a good breakfast?

Evening meals: always a choice on each of the three courses. Food well cooked, especially the bread and butter pudding on the Thursday which was outstanding.

All of the staff were great too, and always willing to engage in conversation about your day.

IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS>

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: la Collina

I am glad it has changed back to what it should be - as it is such a lovely setting. Tour operator run hotels can be so prone to staff changes every season that I am tending to book the local hotels now - the petit palais club hotel in cervinia is also getting dubious reviews and i loved my stay there a couple of years ago.

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: la Collina

P.S. know what you mean, but luckily Crystal didn't ignore the bad reviews they received from their feedback forms - hopefully everyone this season benefits from them :-)