We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

Hi all,

I 'm looking to book a ski transfer to Verbier for the last week in December '13 and have stumbled across The Ski Fleet. www.theskifleet.co.uk

The website looks ok and the prices are most affordable I've seen but I haven't been able to find anything about them on here. I think they may be a new service or an agency?

If anyone can vouch for them or has any further info, I'd like to hear. I had a nightmare with Alpybus last year and don't want to use them again!

Thanks,

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Verbier
Verbier
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

I have a feeling that someone has asked about these guys before. But I can't find the post.

My message is that I have never seen a van with that name. Which suggests that they are just buying spaces on other people's vans. You have to wonder why they are the cheapest....

The most reliable are Alpina. By far.

http://www.alpinatransfers.ch

But even they are prone to the occasional cancellation due to technical problems (i.e. the van isn't full so they want to bump you to the earlier/later van to save money). Still, van transfers are by far the cheapest way to get there (although a one-way car rental with Europcar become competitive with 4 people).

Edited: 16 September 2013, 22:36
Mentioned in this post
The Alpina Gstaad
The Alpina Gstaad
449 Reviews
Gstaad, Switzerland
Verbier, Switzerland
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

Getting the train is easy depending on your group size?

The train is 40 chfs on the day or if you pre book you can get them for 20 chf per person.

Or book a mini bus with someone like Maytaxi?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
40,466 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

May Taxi are very good - when we lived in Verbier we used them a lot but they are very expensive.

I agree with JT14 - use Alpina. They are really excellent. We use them every time we need to go to the airport with a lot of luggage... they are always on time and the drivers are good.

Another option for Verbier is Alpinexpress.com I have used them in the past but I have no idea what they are like now that the person who started the company is dead.

The 20frs train ticket referred to above is a super saver. These are not always available and are rarely useful since they are tied to specific times and dates. If you miss your train (a real possibility when arriving by air) then there is no refund and you have to buy another ticket. OK if you are willing to assume the risk but I have not found them to be useful...

Mentioned in this post
Verbier
Verbier
The Alpina Gstaad
The Alpina Gstaad
449 Reviews
Gstaad, Switzerland
London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

Hi Helen,

I wouldn't risk it with an unknown company - too many nightmare stories on TripA. We always use Alpinexpress (www.alpinexpress.com) for our trips. They are the biggest, so have the most frequent buses between Geneva Airport and Verbier, and the drivers are always helpful and professional.

They advertise a price match, so I would stick with AX and just let them know if you have found something cheaper.

Enjoy the skiing!

Mentioned in this post
Verbier
Verbier
London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

Hi Helen,

Joe here from The Ski Fleet team. Although we are a new operation, we have an experienced team and fleet of brand new vehicles for the season.

We're trying really hard to push down the price of transfers, as being a Verbier regular myself I've been caught out in the past.

We run a regular shared service, as well as private transfers across the alps 24/7. If you have any questions about our service please do not hesitate to contact me on info@theskifleet.co.uk

Who ever you choose to travel with, we hope you have a great holiday.

Joe

The Ski Fleet

Mentioned in this post
Verbier
Verbier
6. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 October 2013, 09:49
Edited: 08 October 2013, 09:49
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

We just returned from Verbier and used Ski Fleet for private transfers to and from Geneva airport. I was worried about booking with them as couldn't find any reviews. I needn't have worried as they were great. Easy to deal with, good with replying to my many questions and very helpful. I would definitely use them again!

Mentioned in this post
Verbier
Verbier
Cheltenham
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

Our party of 9 has just had a return lift to l'Argentiere, Peter was really helpful with the booking, co-ordinating pick-up at GVA and the return trip. The van was new, clean and comfortable, the driver charming and spoke good English, although we did miss a turning as he hadn't done the Argentiere run before, No problems though, we arrived in GVA on time. Use them again - you bet!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

Hi,

I rode with the Ski Fleet last week and had a terrific experience. I would definitely recommend them. I rode in a great vehicle, the driver was very personable, and we were in Verbier in a flash. Pete was great to work with (pete@theskifleet.co.uk) and I really would be happy to ride with them again.

Mentioned in this post
Verbier
Verbier
London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can anyone recommend The Ski Fleet?

Note to other readers. Please take care of reviews which are a person who had never posted on TripAdvisor forums before. I have still never seen a Ski Fleet vehicle (as shown on their website) and spend many weeks in Verbier.

Edited: 30 December 2014, 08:01
Mentioned in this post
Verbier
Verbier