We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpin express

Which Verbier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
C G
Bruxelles
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alpin express

Do other people had bad experience with them?

34 replies to this topic
11. Re: Alpin express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 17:58

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
50 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alpin express

Used them Jan 2014. had to wait 1 hour due to a delayed flight with other clients, but as they say on website, if it was you delayed you'd want them to wait. No big deal waiting, got some food and water, had a chat, hour gone. Easy transfer to Verbier. Had a transfer from Verbier back to Geneva and we were the only ones on the minibus. Going again end of March-Booking Alpine express again-say no more

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Alpin express

Glad I saw other people asking this. Put a nasty touch on an otherwise very nice holiday in Verbier. At first they double charged the credit card then said they canceled them and made us pay cash to the driver! Actually they didn't cancel and we spent nearly 2 months trying to get our money back. Plus we had a 3 hour wait in the airport because they couldn't figure out which bus to put us on!

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Alpin express

Got left at the airport by these guys as flight was delayed, I would of understood but they didn't text or ring, even though I gave them 2 phone numbers!

Eventually I rang them but they said they wouldn't pick me up even though I quoted all their terms and conditions (always bring the paperwork with you people!) where it says they don't leave you behind! Person on the phone got quite rude which I wasn't expecting.

Eventually got a transfer from another company at the airport and Alpinexpress never refunded me. Said they need 7 days notice for a refund!?

Apart from that Verbier is awesome! Definitely going back there (just not with these guys ha!)

Verbier, Switzerland
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Alpin express

I did speak to AlpineExpress about the comments on here.

No idea if this was a real complaint or not. (good point JT)

1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Alpin express

Just had the most poor service from Alpinexpress, they sent our chalet a message just a few hours before our departure cancelling the booking without offering any support or explanation, claiming they can cancel whenever they want according to their T&C's. Totally un-professional. Will not be using them next year and going to ask Verbier Exclusive our holiday company not to use them either.

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Alpin express

Next time just take the train :-) No shows from SBB are almost unheard of.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,080 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Alpin express

Amazing number of first posts complaining about this company as well as praising this company. One of our experts on here used them recently on two different occasions and had no problems at all. The company were not told he would be using them on either occasion. I'm sorry for any disappointments folks have experienced.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Alpin express

It wasn't Alpinexpress that I used recently... but I have some experience of them. Almost all the transfer companies in Verbier seem to cancel if it suits them to do it. I think it's an odd way to run a business too. On the other hand, you can always switch to the train if they do it - and it's roughly the same price. It's not a great practice - but using their competitors won't solve the problem.

Krist V is right about SBB. But it's less convenient from Verbier - you have to get to Le Chable, and change train in Martigny. On the other side, you can time your arrival at the airport shorter than the transfer companies allow.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,080 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Alpin express

OOOPS Sorry! I was trapped in the Alpy Bus thinking.

Reply to: Alpin express
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted