We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarity on childrens lift passes

Redcar
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Clarity on childrens lift passes

My youngest son was born June 2007 and I think his lift pass is free - however our tour operator says that's just for beginners in ski school (he's neither of these). We are also a family and they don;t seem to apply any family discount (2 adults and 2 boys - other boy age 9) .

Can anyone offer any clarity and also advise on getting the ski passes in resort. Shall I book on line and collect? We are staying at chalet hotel Montpelier, verbier.

Thanks

Cheryl

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,275 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clarity on childrens lift passes

Your son born in 2007 (same age as my granddaughter!) skis for free and this is NOT just limited to beginners. My granddaughter is in the top "red" class at the ski school there and she skis free.

Families get a 10% discount for parents and children who are old enough to pay. But there are condtions regarding how many skiers in the family... so read carefully!

For all details of tarrifs and what the various terms mean see this link:

verbierbooking.ch/en/domaine-skiable/tarifs/…

And click on "Discounts" to get the definitions of the terms which is very precise.

Deending on when you are going it might be good to order on line to avoid queuing on the first day. You can do that via the link I gave you as well.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clarity on childrens lift passes

Absolutely valid all over the domain even if free but you won't get a family discount unless you have 2 paying children.

I would not buy on line. You still have to pick them up at the same place and they aren't refundable or discounted in advance. Who knows if someone has to drop out beforehand?

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clarity on childrens lift passes

Don't forget to take your passports when buying the pass to prove both the age of the child and the family relationship. You can buy the evening before if you want.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clarity on childrens lift passes

Good point! They do ask for proof of children age for the free passes (less ambiguous for a 9 year old). However, they don't need a photo.

5. Re: Clarity on childrens lift passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Verbier
Recent Conversations