We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses times from Leuk to Leukerbad

Which Leukerbad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Buses times from Leuk to Leukerbad

I am planning a trip to Leukerbad in December and I am looking to find out what time the buses run from Leuk to Leukerbad and if there is service on Christmas eve and Christmas day.

Contact info for the bus company would be very helpful too.

thank you.

Miami

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Buses times from Leuk to Leukerbad

Yep, very interesting.

I had always assumed that the second "B" on the "LLB" buses stood for Bad (so: Leuk-LeukerBad), but I see from those old pictures that it was actually Bahn (Leuk-Leukerbad-Bahn) and they have kept the same initials up to the present.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Buses times from Leuk to Leukerbad

For those interested here are some more photo's

flickr.com/photos/trams-lisbonne/5341672339/

flickr.com/photos/…

flickr.com/photos/…

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
614 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Buses times from Leuk to Leukerbad

Thank you so much for the interesting history and pictures of Leukerbad. We spent five days there this past September and I enjoyed trying to picture the train trip up to Leukerbad, as mentioned in your previous post. We enjoyed hiking and this trip made a visit to the Alpentherm Baths. An absolutely wonderful and relaxing five days.

Manchester
Level Contributor
169 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Buses times from Leuk to Leukerbad

Just organising my third trip to Leukerbad (love the place) for mid May and I noticed that it is possible to walk the old rail route down to Leuk including tunnels, alot is along the road I believe, but sounds like a good walk. We may do it as the higher parts like Torrent and Gemmi are likely to be less accessible for hiking due to the suspension of the cable cars for the low season period.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,840 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Buses times from Leuk to Leukerbad

You can get the bus schedules on the SBB site - www.sbb.ch/en Just put in the time you get to Leuk, but even better yet if you put in the place you are leaving from to get to Leuk, and then put destination Leukerbad, you will get the train/bus connections. And trains and busses run on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So if you need specific info for those days just put in the dates... the only problem is that the new schedules from 12 Dec onwards will not be on the site until late November this year. (Schedule change is on 12 December). But there won't be a huge difference on the 24th, 25th December. Public transport is needed and used on holidays as well as ordinary days!!

16. Re: Buses times from Leuk to Leukerbad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2012, 05:22