We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is ideal in leukerbad

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
How long is ideal in leukerbad

We are considering a week in Leukerbad in August this year. We have two children, a 18 year old and a 10 year old. Two things- is this too long for the kids in trems of things to do? And what is there to do interms of sightseeing and local towns to visit, if we need to return to Leukerbad every night?

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is ideal in leukerbad

Although Leukerbad is not a huge place, I think a week there would be nice. There are two large public spas, two cable cars (Gemmi and Torrent) and lots of hiking in the area. There are tennis courts and a sports centre.

You can check out the ladders to Albinen:

http://www.leukerbad.ch/en/page.cfm/17587

There are also some traditional festivals during August:

leukerbad.ch/en/…17670

Whilst I have only spent a couple of days in Leukerbad in the summer, I felt I would like to have stayed longer. For day trips in the wider area, you would need to take the bus down to Leuk and get the train from there. Use www.rail.ch to see how practical any journeys would be for you and your family.

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is ideal in leukerbad

Thanks, will check out the links!

3. Re: How long is ideal in leukerbad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 17:16