We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thermal bath

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thermal bath

I woul like to know where I can go for 5 days in Switzerland for thermal bath and natural mud. I prefer small city or village, mountain and good hotel. Thank you

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
40,252 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thermal bath

Leukerbad is not a bad place for this, no pun intended!! But there are a couple of choices there and friends who have been up there recently warned me to stay away from the "Burgerbad" which they said was not well kept. There is a thermal spa at he Lindner hotel which is apparently excellent.

http://www.lindner.de/en/MB

Another place - very small and not in the mountains but with a superb thermal establishment is Lavey-les-Bains which is very near St Maurice. (walk or get a bus from St Maurice). There is one small but nice hotel there, a medical establishment and a wonderul thermal bath. Huge outdoor pool with jets, etc. Scandinavian pavillion with saunas, Hammam which is spectacular and Turkish baths. Also all sorts of massages etc available.

www.lavey-les-bains.ch

Other than those two - In the Valais there is Saillon and Ovronnaz. Near Brig there is Brigerbad but I believe it is closed for renovation this year. In Vaud there is Yverdon les Bains. In Fribourg, Charmey. In the Grisons there is Vals and Bad Ragaz, plus of course St Moritz Bad... there are literally loads of them.

Mentioned in this post
Saillon
Saillon
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
Ovronnaz
Ovronnaz
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thermal bath

Thank you soo much!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thermal bath

I also agree that Leukerbad would be a good choice. The Lindner Alpenthereme baths are lovely (really impressive mountain views from the outside pool), there are plenty of cable-car and easy walking options, and the village itself is big enough to have a lively feel to it.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thermal bath

Thank you!!!!

5. Re: Thermal bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 22:15