We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelboden with a toddler

Which Adelboden hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Adelboden with a toddler

My wife and I and our 15-month-old daughter are planning a two-week trip through Switzerland. We're certain we want to fly into Zurich, stay a few nights in Lucerne to get over jetlag, and then proceed to Wengen and Zermatt for the duration of the trip. We're hoping to do the entire trip by train.

We're on the fence about visiting Adelboden for two nights. It looks gorgeous, we have a hotel in mind, and it would be nice to visit a place that isn't in every guidebook.

My concern and question is this: to get to Adelboden we need to take a bus from Frutigen for about a 20-minute ride. Does anyone know if we'd need a car seat for this bus? Such a small thing, but to lug a carseat all around just for this one segment seems ridiculous.

Any advice and experience would be very helpful. Thanks.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
638 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adelboden with a toddler

Adelboden is a good choice for a small out ot the way village. We have gone to Adelboden twice in the past three years on a September trip to Switzerland. For thirty years we have been using Swiss transportation (including buses). I have never seen a child in a car seat on a bus that I can recall and we have seen lots of children. Last summer there was a pre-school group on one of our buses. This past summer we stayed at the Adler. The pool there would be really nice for a little one.

Another really good not too well know place is Leukerbad. It also is about a thrity minute bus ride from Leuk. Leuk is a few minutes by train from Visp. The village seems a little smaller than Adelboden but the scenery is spectaclar.

Both locations have several walking areas good for children and strollers. Have a wonderful trip.

we stayed at the Adler, very close to the bus station. They have nice pool that would be very good for a little one.

Another wonderful out of the way village in this area is Leukerbad. It requires a bus ride from Leuk, a few minutes by train from Visp. It seems a little smailler than Adelboden but the scenery is outstanding.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adelboden with a toddler

Thank you. Great suggestions and good insight ... exactly what I was looking for.

3. Re: Adelboden with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Adelboden