We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November

Scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
November

Hi

I am organising a surprise trip to Adelboden for my fiance in November for his 30th birthday. Is there much to do in Adelboden in November, is there alot of snow?

We are going to stay at the Cambrian. It looks beautiful! Neither of us have been on a holiday like this before so i'm a bit unsure of what to expect!

Are there plenty places to eat in Adelboden? Also bars etc?

Thanks for your help!

Hannah

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November

Hi Hannah

November is out of season. Normally there is no snow at Adelboden this time of the year. The cable cars may at least partly be closed for revision in November (the dates are not published actually). For more information look at http://www.adelboden.ch/en/index.cfm

pore

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November

Elsigen Metsch usually opens already end of November, the ski area is a bit outside of Adelboden, a public bus brings you there. Some other parts of Adelbodens ski areas/cable cars might open on weekends if snow conditions are very good. I'm sure a few restaurants and shop will be open but it's a very quiet time there. Bus service to Frutigen is good, means it's not a big deal to get to other areas of the Berner Oberland.

In case you can still change the accommodation: There are much better towns for this time of the year for example Zermatt or if you don't mind something completly different Lucerne. Tell us if you like to get more information about alternative places.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November

I am wondering about Adelboden as a ski destination for a family with 3 young children, 10, 8 and 6. The Cambrian looks lovely but I know nothing of the area. Is it convenient to slopes? Is it family friendly?

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: November

The town and it's ski areas are family oriented, scenic, with some good beginner lifts. It's not as high up as for example Zermatt, but it should be ok for holidays between mid December and March. There are different ski areas that a are not connected by lifts so you have to decide the morning to which part you go. Ski buses link the village and the different ski areas.

There are many alternative options like winter hiking, sledding or ice skating.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November

Hi winniechicago

As I wrote in my previous post, there will normally not be enough snow for skiing in Adelboden in November. Also the cable cars and the lifts will be partly closed for revision. Skiing season starts before Christmas. Even in March there is often nomore enough snow to ski into the village. The ski area Adelboden/Lenk is not high up enough and there is no glacier where you could ski.

Otherwise if you go for hiking, Adelboden is beautiful. But again, the possibilities are limited in November due of the closure of the cable cars. We had a week-end appartment for many years up there and we liked the area verry much.

pore

6. Re: November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Adelboden